Have a look at these 10 snippets of info and see if you can tell what city we are talking about….
- It is said to be built on seven hills, like Rome
- Bound by ancient city walls, it is credited with inventing the skyscraper in the 17th Century
- David Hume, Adam Smith, James Hutton, James Boswell and Sir Walter Scott were 18th century residents, leading Tobias Smollet in The Expedition of Humphry Clinker to describe the city as a ‘hotbed of genius’
- It hosts the largest annual international arts festival in the world
- It has more listed buildings, relative to area, than any other UK city
- The company behind the computer games Grand Theft Auto is based here
- It has two volcanoes
- It is twinned with Kathmandu
- JK Rowling began writing her first Harry Potter book here, in a coffee shop
- It’s the birthplace of Ronnie Corbett, Gail Porter, Finlay Quaye and Tony Blair
Have you got it yet…. If you need a bit more info have a look at our top ten! Scroll down to have a look at her looking lovely on an autumn evening.